How to shine during a performance review
Performance reviews can lead to personal growth and career enhancement. In fact, it can allow an employee to bring personal contributions to the boss’s attention. Giving her expert advice on what to remember during a personal review was Mary Abbajay of Careerstone Group.
Tips to shine during a performance review:
- Highlight the highlights – Boast gracefully and keep the attention on what you have done, as opposed to what other colleagues may not have.
- Be objective and formal – Use specific facts, figures, and dates as much as possible.
- Don’t use the review as a bargaining chip – Save salary discussions for a more appropriate time.
- Suggest specific improvements – Offer ideas to help improve your performance.
- Solicit feedback from coworkers – Positive feedback from others adds a layer of validity to your review.
Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/01/-washington-business-report-jan-25-2015-110850.html#ixzz3Q8IyEQ2v
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook